Skip to main content

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies - Amazingly Easy!!


***Chocolate chip cookies have always been an absolute favorite of mine...for as long as I can remember. But then again, I do adore chocolate of any shape, form or fashion. You might remember these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies or maybe even these Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies that I posted way back in November 2007. Both of these cookie varieties use the same base recipe found here in this post.

This recipe is seriously so easy that it's almost ridiculous. I make these ALL THE TIME. While having a pile of homemade cookies sitting around isn't necessarily a good thing for the waistline, it sure is delicious!

These cookies can be made in 20 minutes flat...with a little practice, maybe even 15! With the help of a simple box of cake mix, these cookies come together in a flash and will bake up beautifully before your very eyes.

The possibilities are endless. Select your favorite ingredients and go from there. Are you a shredded coconut, chocolate chip and pecan fan? Well by all means, add all three ingredients to the cookie batter.

I made these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies last week, adding peanut butter for the first time. The simple addition of the peanut butter completely changed the texture of these cookies...in an amazing way! The cookies came out of the oven divinely soft and chewy. Not to mention, they will make your entire home smell of peanut buttery & chocolately goodness! I'll certainly be adding peanut butter to the next batch that I make! Also, I used Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter...it made all the difference in the world. Crunchy little pieces of peanuts made delightful appearances throughout the cookies...it was delish!***

Ingredients:
1 Box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe "Butter Recipe Golden" cake mix
1/3 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup or more chocolate chips
3-4 tbsp extra crunchy peanut butter
Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 365 degrees.

Pour cake mix into the bowl of an electric mixer. Give the cake mix a short spin by turning the mixer onto low speed for about 30 seconds...just to break up any large chunks of cake mix.

Slowly pour the vegetable oil into the cake mix, and then quickly add the eggs...one at a time. Mix on slow-medium speed for about 1-2 minutes. Once the mixture comes together into a smooth cookie batter, add peanut butter. Mix for an additional 1-2 minutes to completely incorporate the peanut butter into the batter. Next, add the chocolate chips and mix to combine well.

Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter onto a greased cookie sheet. Using an ice cream scoop will ensure that all cookies are the same shape/size. Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes at 365 degrees. The first time you bake these, just keep an eye on them and check their progress after 12 minutes...a few extra minutes may be needed. They should be lightly browned on the outside, but will be nice and chewy on the inside. You may have to adjust the time depending on your particular oven.

Cool cookies on the pan for 10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack another 10 - 15 minutes.

***Be creative with this recipe! You can substitute almost any flavor cake mix or any flavor chocolate chips (ex: use M&Ms or chocolate/vanilla swirl morsels instead of chocolate chips). You can also substitute the pecans with another kind of nut like walnuts...or leave out the nuts completely! I also love to add shredded coconut to the batter!***

Comments

Snooky doodle said…
these look delicious!
Natalie said…
I'm always looking for the ultimate peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe, so I will definitely be giving these a try...not to mention all it's variations.

First time visiting. Found you on Tastespotting. Very impressive. Will be back :-)
Lisa said…
I am a peanut butter chocolate freak to the 100th degree, and I'm also always looking for the perfect peanut butter-chocolate anything! I love how you just 'added' some peanut butter to your fav basic chocolate chip cookie recipe..and BOOM, you got an amazing result. That's the greatest thing about cooking and baking..marvelous discoveries you created on your own or by accident. I cannot wait to try these! I'll have a couple for dessert AFTER I try that yummy looking Athenian Orzo above!
Mary Katherine said…
Celeste makes the yummiest cookies on earth. More please!

Popular posts from this blog

Absolutely Sinful Cinnamon Rolls

***Alrighty, here are the cinnamon rolls that I mentioned in my previous post. I put these together on Christmas Eve, and then baked them on Christmas morning. Let me just tell you...there's nothing quite like the smell of yummy cinnamon rolls wafting through the house on Christmas morning...ahhhhh...so wonderful! This is going to be a new tradition for us...fresh, homemade rolls on Christmas. I thought that I might try this recipe, and then maybe try a new one next year...until I found one that I really loved. However, I hit the jackpot on the first try! This is THE recipe that I'll always use. UPDATE:   Since originally writing this post in 2008, I've  made these cinnamon rolls every year for Christmas!  They are a holiday tradition that my family looks forward to all year!  You can see my other posts here, with lots more photos of these sinful cinnamon rolls: CHRISTMAS 2009 CHIRSTMAS 2010 CHRISTMAS 2011 The great thing was that I could prepare them on Christmas

My Favorite Quiche!

***It's not often that a recipe is worthy of re-posting.  I think I've only done that once or twice in the entire time I've written this blog.  However, this is one of those rare occasions.  Back in 2009 when Brad and I went to Europe, we had the most amazing Quiche Lorraine at the incredible Les Deux Magots cafe in Paris.  It was delicious and was served alongside a yummy salad of fresh greens (Quiche Lorraine sur Salade Verte).  Oh, it was heaven on a plate!  It also didn't hurt that we were sitting on the patio of one of the most famous cafes in Paris, after all...haha.  The atmosphere and people-watching in that particular area are hard to beat. I'll never forget the elderly lady that was sitting at the table right next to us (the tables were situated pretty close together).  She was dressed to-the-nines, was all by herself, and was just the quintessential, classy Parisian lady.  I wish more than anything that I had tried to strike up a conversation with her

Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread - Southern Living

***There seriously aren't very many things that smell better than Banana Nut Bread baking in the oven.   Don't you agree?  This recipe for Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread from Southern Living magazine was one of the very first recipes that I added to this blog...back in November 2007!  In fact, I came across it when I worked for the magazine as a Marketing Intern.  Back then, I didn't have a photo for every recipe, and the blog post was simply the recipe and nothing else.  Because this is my go-to recipe for Banana Nut Bread (and because it is so amazing!), I thought that it deserved a little more attention.  This is quite honestly some of the best Banana Nut Bread that I've ever had.  An entire 8oz. package of cream cheese is added right to the batter, along with 4 mashed bananas.  The cream cheese adds so much to this recipe, with an incredibly moist texture being the main component.  Plus, the roasted pecans are the perfect addition.  Roasting the nuts brings out